Skip to main content

College and Financial Support

There are several ways people can find help to pay for college: financial aid, scholarships, and loans. Each type of financial support has its pros/cons; one may work for some people and perhaps not for others. We encourage you to research as much as possible to determine what type of financial support will work for your situation.  


*From time to time, we learn of new opportunities. Visit our Home page for the latest news about scholarship and financial aid opportunities.


FAFSA information is available at: website

Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) is the first step toward getting federal aid for college, career school, or graduate school.


Cal Grant and Dream Act Funds Applications: website

A Cal Grant is money for college you don’t have to pay back. To qualify, you must meet the eligibility and financial requirements as well as any minimum GPA requirements. Cal Grants can be used at any University of California, California State University or California Community College, as well as qualifying independent and career colleges or technical schools in California.



Several of our local MDUSD high schools have excellent web pages on scholarships, as well as other topics on career and college.

Students: remember that you can visit the comprehensive school Career Counselor at your home school.  Be sure to make an appointment first and allow for plenty of time to talk and explore possibilities.

Click on the link below to locate other MDUSD high schools.